In April, 245 homes closed in Westchester County, a 13% drop from April, 2010. This time last year, the First Time Homebuyer Tax Credit was in place and set to expire in April, 30, 2010, creating a surge of activity that was fueled by the approaching deadline. As a result, numbers from the first half of last year are a bit skewed when compared to this year.
The greatest number of closed transactions this April occurred in:
- Yonkers - 25 Sales
- Scarsdale - 18 Sales
- New Rochelle - 16 Sales
- Rye - 14 Sales
- White Plains & Yorktown Heights tie with 13 Sales each
April’s Highest home sales (listed with Houlihan Lawrence):
- 20 Oak Avenue, Larchmont - $2,800,000
- 7 Oriole Avenue, Bronxville - $2,700,000
- 25 Studio Lane, Bronxville - $2,334,270
- 43 Highland Road, Rye - 1,925,000
- 1 Timber Trail, Rye - $1,900,000
For more information on specific towns and to get your April Market Reports, go to www.houlihanlawrence.com.
source: EAMLS, Single Family Homes Sold, April 2011, Westchester County