From the very top of Dutchess, throughout Putnam and down into the heart of Westchester, our area is rich with a personal history as well as a larger narrative with state and country. Luckily Houlihan Lawrence is able share in this past, with a selection of our inventory holding a special place in history.
135 Post Office Road in South Salem
Set amongst a sprawling rural backdrop in Northern Westchester’s equestrian country, this shingle-style Colonial sits on 2.24 acres of what was once part of the historic Adams Dairy Farm. The origin of the farm dates back to the American Revolution, with the Adams family’s many cows grazing on what is now the Waccabuc Country Club.
155 Old Glenham Road in Fishkill
One of the oldest pre-revolutionary homesteads in Dutchess County, the historic Kip House, which was built in 1753, was once utilized by such notable people as Baron Von Steuben, Goerge Washington and Count Pulaski. The fully-restored, Cape Cod-style stone Colonial sits on 50 acres of countryside, with access to Fishkill Creek and other natural outposts.
42 Tompkins Road in Scarsdale
Once known as the Carson-Hampton House, 42 Tompkins Road is one of the oldest homes in Scarsdale. Its construction dates back to the 1836 by then owners Jacob and Phoebe Carson. The center hall Colonial has withstood the tests of time by maintaining period details while offering modern amenities for today’s homeowners.