[caption id="attachment_3484" align="alignleft" width="154" caption="Holiday photo courtesy of Lyndhurst"][/caption]
Whether you are a buyer or seller with a penchant for antique architecture, or simply a lover of historic properties and estates, you will enjoy visiting one of the many period homes located in the Dutchess County area that offer decorated holiday tours.
Here is a list of impressive estates offering tours this holiday season:
- Vanderbilt Mansion National Historic Site – Hyde Park
- Locust Grove Estate, Samuel Morse Historic Site – Poughkeepsie
- Mills Mansion, Staatsburgh State Historic Site – Staatsburg
- Home of Franklin D. Roosevelt National Historic Site – Hyde Park
- Val Kill, Home of Eleanor Roosevelt – Hyde Park
- Wilderstein Historic Site – Rhinebeck
- Clermont State Historic Site – Clermont (just over the Dutchess County border)
- Van Wyck Homestead Museum – Fishkill
- John Kane House – Pawling
- Mount Gulian Historic Site – Beacon
For detailed information, dates and times read the Dutchess County Tourism website's feature, Great Estates & Historic Sites Decorate for the 2010 Christmas Season.
If you know of any other homes and estates that are offering holiday tours in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess Counties please share them with us!