Port Chester is a sought-after destination for foodies in and around Westchester County. New restaurants and specialty purveyors line the village, keeping adventuresome palates satisfied and coming back for more:
- Owners Mario Batali and Joe Bastianich helped put Port Chester on the culinary map when they revived 100-year old into a modern day trattoria experience. Most recently, the team opened Tarry Market, offering great Italian wines, fabulous prepared foods and mouth watering gelato to their wide and loyal following.
- Bartaco is located on the Byram River and its waterfront location makes for a festive and feisty atmosphere. The bar sizzles with large crowds who imbibe on exotic sounding cocktails such as Rosita, Bartaco Margarita and Smoky Cholula. Tacos filled with duck, lamb, chicken and spicy chorizo are signature dishes that give even more heat to an already hot restaurant.
- Q Restaurant and Bar offer slow and low cooked foods and meat from the midwest. St. Louis-Style Ribs, Texas Beef Brisket, and Pulled Pork make this finger lickin’ good restaurant a one of a kind experience. No need to travel for the real thing when authentic BBQ and house smoked meats is just a quick walk from Metro-North.
- Arrosto’s menu features grilled meats and seafood, along with fresh, house-made pastas, Neapolitan wood fired pizzas, and homemade desserts. Chef Polistina’s grandmother coined the phrase Be Social. Eat Well and two generations later, her words and sentiment are embodied into the Arrosto menu and dining experience. So bring your friends, enjoy the company and eat well at Arrosto.
- Kneaded Bread is the penultimate for carb-lovers. Homemade breads from buttery brioche to crusty French bread make the mouth water just from the smell – everything is made on the premises. The menu also includes muffins and scone, soups, salads and sandwiches, and the very best layer cake with butter cream icing.