Eastchester may be small in size but it packs a big punch in terms of its local flavor and long historical tradition. Located in southern Westchester County, the 5-square-mile town also includes the villages of Bronxville and Tuckahoe, both of which are regarded as charming communities.
1. Mickey Spillane’s is one of three Spillane restaurants in Westchester County. The beer is cold, sports are always gracing television screens and the food is hearty and comforting. Mickey Spillane is a neighborhood bar where you will find the best food, drink, and fun in town seven nights a week.
2. Some people say Piper’s Kilt is one of Eastchester's finest treasures. The legendary burgers are considered to be among the best in all of Westchester. Sometimes it can be tough to get a table, but the specialty blend of Waygu beef burger is worth the wait.
3. Twin Lakes Park on California Road features a large reservoir and many walking trails for those who like to exercise in some fresh air. Two stables operate in this location, so you are bound to run into horses and horseback riders.
4. In 2007, Money Magazine ranked Eastchester 27th in its Top 100 Places to Live list. Citing that Eastchester provides an urban appeal while maintaining a unique rural aesthetic, it's even easy for a top national magazine to see why someone would live there.
5. Many homes are in walking distance to either Bronxville or Tuckahoe Metro-North stations, which offer a quick 30-minute ride into Grand Central Terminal.