The City of White Plains is known for being a hub of sorts that connects easily to The Bronx River Parkway, Interstate 287 and 684 and the Hutchinson River Parkway, and is a 32-minute express commute to Grand Central Terminal. With so many reasons to love White Plains, few think of leaving this city even for an afternoon when it offers so much:
- The Westchester is a luxury mall in the heart of White Plains with Neiman Marcus and Nordstrom as it anchor stores. Madison Avenue stores such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Armani Exchange, Ferragamo and Stuart Weitzmann line The Westchester and make a day of shopping or even a quick browse both relaxing and productive. Across the street is Whole Foods and Morton Steakhouse.
- White Plains has a 15-screen movie theater at Cinema de Lux and the White Plains Performing Arts Center has a full calendar of live productions and concert series.
- Mamaroneck Avenue, one of White Plains major thoroughfares, has blossomed in recent years with sophisticated restaurants and casual tavern fare spots like Porter House, Hudson Grille, Ron Blacks, and Black Bear. Most have sidewalk dining and come alive in the evening with a fun and entertaining atmosphere.
- A much-anticipated annual event is the White Plains Outdoor Arts Festival in Tibbetts Park, which showcases local artists.Tibbets Park is also the venue for summer concert series
- The Trove at the White Plains Library is a fun, exciting place where children of all ages can discover just about anything. Part library, part museum, The Trove lives up to its name and is truly a collection of items, activities and discovery for kids birth through sixth grade.